Meta Potion Circuit Event Structure
– Registration starts at 11:00AM and closes at 12:00PM.
– Format: Constructed; Swiss (Bo1) with cut to top 8 (Top8 is Bo3)
– Time per round: 30 minutes during Swiss rounds. 70 min time limit in Top 8, 90 min time limit in Top 4, unlimited time limit in finals.
– All Promos, Opus 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and all starter cards are legal
Use the following chart provided by GTS to determine number of rounds and Top Cut:
– If players are tied for the cut to top 8 we will go off of tie breaker using the following:
1st: Opponents win %
2nd: Opponent’s – Opponent’s win %
3rd: Damage Taken
– Due to this players MUST record how much damage they have dealt and taken on each match slip.
** If a player forfeits a match their damage taken will be considered 7.**
– Please be respectful of both players time and do your best to make plays at an acceptable speed.
Please see below how we will handle slow play:
** 1st: If you are called to be slow playing by an opposing player a judge will come over and monitor the situation for a few minutes and observe if that is the case
** 2nd: If you are called again for slow play and a TO/Judge confirm you are, you will get a warning and be asked to play faster.
** 3rd: If you are called for a 3rd time and a TO/Judge confirm you are, you will get a Games loss (If you are in swiss that would count as a Match loss due to Bo1).
- If players in the Top 8 go to time, they continue with normal end of turn procedures;
- Turn 0: The player whose turn it is when time is called
- Turn 1: Opposing player
- Turn 2: Last turn for the player that time was originally called on.
- Turn 3: Opposing players last turn.
- If no winner is decided after the turns are finished, and this is a Top 8 match, and the players are both tied on damage, the winner is decided by sudden death, this means the first player to deal damage to their opponent, wins the match. If damage is not tied, the player with more damage taken loses. If this is game 2, the player who won game 1 wins the match.
- Judge(s): MUST be provided by the store.
- Entry: $20 (1 pack given to player, 3 packs into prize pool)
- Prizing: Promo cards, Packs of current set, and raffles every round of Swiss!
- Packs will be distributed to Top 8 players based on attendance.
- Each Swiss round Stores may raffle Promos or any other gift they choose.
- $5 per entry will be sent to [email protected] PayPal and be added to the Championship prize pool.
- First place at each MPC will automatically qualify for the Championship and also receive a round 1 bye at the Championship.
- Players must earn 30 or more points by end of the season in order to qualify for the Meta Potion Champs.
- Byes are limited to 1 per person, regardless how many events you win, byes do not pass down.
- Ranking will be tracked based on how well you do at each circuit event ONLY and be emailed to [email protected] by each store that runs an event and we will update the Rank Sheet.
- Ranking will be using the Meta Potion Circuit Structure
- Any participating store may hold 1 Meta Potion Social a month. This will use the Meta Potion Social Structure. It is up to the store & players to ensure that the MPS tournament results are emailed to [email protected]. We will not accept reports if they are not emailed to us the same month of the event.
Looking forward to seeing everyone and all of the community!
Deck Registration Sheet Link: (If you want to print prior to event)
Meta Potion Socials Event Structure
- Tournaments are ran once a month by stores participating in the Meta Potion Circuit, prize & entry fee is decided by store.
- Store must send results to [email protected] so we can update player stats.
- We will not accept tournament reports if it is not sent to us in the same month the event is held.
- Refer to the Ranking page to figure out how many points you can earn at these events.