Meta Potion Circuit Event Structure
– Registration starts at 10:00AM and closes at 11:00AM.
– Format: Constructed; Swiss (Bo1) with cut to top 8 (Top8 is Bo3)
– Time per round: 30 minutes during Swiss rounds. 70 min time limit in Top 8
– All Promos, Opus 1, 2, 3, 4 and all starter cards are legal
- Opus V & Stater cards from Opus V will be legal for any tournaments after release this is subject to change!
Use the following chart provided by GTS to determine number of rounds and Top Cut:
– If players are tied for the cut to top 8 we will go off of tie breaker using the following:
1st: Opponents win %
2nd: Opponent’s – Opponent’s win %
3rd: Damage Taken
– Due to this players MUST record how much damage they have dealt and taken on each match slip.
** If a player forfeits a match their damage taken will be considered 7.**
– Please be respectful of both players time and do your best to make plays at an acceptable speed.
Please see below how we will handle slow play:
** 1st: If you are called to be slow playing by an opposing player a judge will come over and monitor the situation for a few minutes and observe if that is the case
** 2nd: If you are called again for slow play and a TO/Judge confirm you are, you will get a warning and be asked to play faster.
** 3rd: If you are called for a 3rd time and a TO/Judge confirm you are, you will get a Games loss (If you are in swiss that would count as a Match loss due to Bo1).
- If players in the Top 8 go to time, they continue with normal end of turn procedures;
- Turn 0: The player whose turn it is when time is called
- Turn 1: Opposing player
- Turn 2: Last turn for the player that time was originally called on.
- Turn 3: Opposing players last turn.
- If no winner is decided after the turns are finished, and this is a Top 8 match, and the players are both tied on damage, the winner is decided by sudden death, this means the first player to deal damage to their opponent, wins the match. If damage is not tied, the player with more damage taken loses. If this is game 2, the player who won game 1 wins the match.
- First place at each MPC will auto qualify for the Meta Potion Championship.
- First place at each MPC will also receive a round 1 bye at the Championship.
- Top 30% of the season will qualify for the Meta Potion Champs.
- If you earn 35 points or more by end of the season you will qualify for the Meta Potion Champs.
- You must attend at least 1 Circuit event to qualify for champs by points.
- Ranks will be tracked based on how well you do, the store(s) will email [email protected] with results of their events and we will update the Rank Sheet.
- Store(s) must clearly state if the event was a weekly event or a circuit event in the header of the email.
Looking forward to seeing everyone and all of the community!
Deck Registration Sheet Link: (If you want to print prior to event)